Marty Rathbun: Guru in Handcuffs
Meet Marty Rathbun, a self-admitted liar with a volcanic temper who lets his fists do the talking. His honeymoon suite was the New Orleans City Jail after he harassed a tourist. His resumé of fiascos not only includes admitting he suborned perjury and obstructed justice behind the backs of Church officials, but pummeling his co-workers, including nearly killing his pal Mike Rinder. Kicked out of the Church for malfeasance that cost $43 million, Rathbun then became the self-proclaimed leader of a handful of zealots who, like him, were expelled from the Church years ago for similar misdeeds. Always looking for dollars, Rathbun’s financial motives include using his wife to sue the Church. But what he does best is lie. In a deposition in December 2014, Rathbun was asked “Did you lie under oath in declarations?” and “Did you lie under oath in affidavits?” His answer to both questions: “Probably.” Now he’s lying on the tabloid channel IDTV.
Update: 22 December 2014. According to Marty Rathbun, his cult has shut down and he now describes it as a “failed experiment.”
Read more about Marty Rathbun:
- Marty Rathbun vs. Mike Rinder
- The “Kinky” Relationship, Rathbun & Rinder
- Marty Rathbun: A History of Hidden Violence
- The Rathbun Family: Madness, Mayhem and Mysterious Death
- Brother, Can You Spare Some Time?
- For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll
- A Liar is a Coward. A Perjurer is a Criminal. The Rathbun/Rinder Conspiracy
- Marty Rathbun: A Brief Chronology of Monumental Disasters; The Career of “Kingpin” Rathbun
- Marty Rathbun Public Announcement
- Heeeeere's Marty!
- Postcards from the Edge or Marty Takes a Holiday
- The Confessions of Marty Rathbun as Told by His Alter Ego
- Marty Rathbun: Despised by his Own Kind