1. Freedom interview with Yossef Bodansky, author of The Secret History of the Iraq War, June 23, 2004; Pino Buongiorno, The Holy War on Italy, Panorama, May 7, 2004; In Fallujah, al-Qaeda Reminds Americans of Mogadishu, DEBKA-Net-Weekly, March 31, 2004.
2. Pino Buongiorno, The Holy War on Italy, Panorama, May 7, 2004.
3. Brian Whitaker, Egyptian Doctor Who Laid the Foundations for Global Jihad, The Guardian, March 20, 2004.
4. AFP Wire, Bin Laden Now Only a Figurehead for al-Qaeda, Says U.S., May 1, 2004.
5. Lawrence Wright, The Man Behind bin Laden, The New Yorker, September 16, 2002.
6. Reuven Paz, Sawt al-Jihad, PRISM Series of Global Jihad, Number 8, October 2003.
7. Frantz Fanon, The Wretched of the Earth, (London: Pelican Books, 1959).
8. Robert Fulford, Frantz Fanon: A Poisonous Thinker Who Refuses to Die, The National Post, February 2, 2002.
10. Chairman of the Arab Psychiatrists Association Offers Diagnoses: ... Perpetrating a Suicide/Martyrdom Attack Is Lifes Most Beautiful Moment, Arab Press, May 24, 2002.
11. Sahih Muslim (a collection of sayings and deeds of the Prophet Muhammad), Book 19, The Book of Jihad and Expedition (Kitab Al-Jihad wal-Siyar), Number 4320.
12. James Hider, Iraqis Drugged, Brainwashed and Sent to Die for bin Laden, The Times (London), March 21, 2004.
14. Ibid. Also, Azizullah Khan, 271 Mourners Killed in Iraq Bombings, Daily Times (Pakistan), March 3, 2004.
15. The Continuing Search for Answers Behind the Terror, Freedom, Volume 34, Issue 1.
16. Suicide U.: Iran Registers Volunteers for Martyrdom, World Tribune.com, May 28, 2004.
17. Irans Suicide Bombers Parley Begins, Middle East Newsline, June 7, 2004.
18. New Clues Emerge on Identity of Militants Behind Violent Attacks in South Thailand, Politinfo.com, May 1, 2004.
19. Ashok K. Mehta, Jammu & Kashmir: Shadow of the Fidayeen, The Pioneer, July 30, 2003.
20. Scott Baldauf, Heroin Money Could Fund Kashmirs Militants, The Christian Science Monitor, October 20, 2003.
21. Andrew F. Blake, To Sleep: Perchance to Kill?, The Providence Evening Bulletin, May 13, 1968.
24. Freedom interview with Dr. Colin Ross, June 22, 2004.
25. Report of the Task Force on Religion and Psychiatry, American Journal of Psychiatry, June 1978.
26. Samuel L. Blumenfeld, Death Education at Columbine High, WorldNetDaily.com, May 27, 1999.
27. Harun Yahya, Islam Denounces Terrorism, (Bristol, England: Amal Press, 2004), page 14.
28. Founded by a core of Scientologist volunteers, the Foundation for Human Rights and Tolerance works in partnership with the human rights departments of churches of Scientology around the world. Together with opinion leaders, public figures and supportive celebrity spokespersons, the Foundation holds conferences, concerts and other events that draw attention to key human rights violations and their remedies.
29. UNA-USA is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization that supports the work of the United Nations. It describes itself as the United States largest grassroots foreign policy organization and the leading center of policy research on the UN and global issues
30. In the Dred Scott decision, the U.S. Supreme Court held in 1856 that, as a slave, Scott was personal property rather than a citizen and therefore had no right to sue for his freedom.